Faster Recovery And Enhanced Performance With Just 15 Minutes Of Post Exercise Treatment
Simple online ordering
If you would like to get started by adding Equi-Ice to your treatment plan, use our simple online ordering system below.
Equi-Ice: Advanced Equine Icing - The Smarter Way To Apply Ice To Your Horse
Equi-Ice is a new product developed by Tom Simpson (Physio Tom), one of Australia’s leading Equine Physiotherapists. After years of studying the best application for effective treatments and working with some of Australia’s leading stables and horses in successful trials, Tom has used his training and experience to develop a product that:
- Is simple and easy to use.
- Allows you to apply ice directly to the horses' back or neck immediately after a race or training.
- Is reusable and cost effective.
“It’s my vision that every horse owner will have an Equi-Ice ice pack as part of their tack and care for their horse through regular application of cold therapy techniques when indicated.
Tom Simpson, Equine Performance Physio & Creator of Equi-Ice
Your Horse’s Well-Being Is Paramount
When your horse undertakes strenuous exercise, it is important to assist their recovery post exercise by lowering their heart rate and treating muscle strain. Cooling your horse down after a big run, hard training session or event is an important part of that care, and now there is a product that is simple, effective and incredibly easy to use that achieves all that - Equi-Ice. Whether you own one horse or are part of the world’s elite stables, caring for your horse’s health and well-being is essential to ensure optimal performance.
Better Cooling Promotes Better Performance
Maybe you’ve never heard of icing a horse’s back or hind limbs, or if you have, maybe you’ve put ice in towels, sacks or pillow cases, which just ended up with less than effective outcomes because the ice moves around too much and doesn’t conform to the areas that need to be treated for the best effect.
Equi-Ice’s sectioned design is specifically made with the equine patient’s phsyiology in mind. When filled and placed on the horse’s back, it ensures direct application of the ice to the core muscle groups, ensuring for the full duration of application, maximum benefit is derived through even and consistent placement, resulting in faster recovery for the horse.
Introducing Equi-Ice - Advanced Cold Therapy For Faster Recovery
A simple, easy to use, affordable and effective icing treatment for your horse
Equi-Ice is the simplest and most effective equine icing system that eliminates pain and promotes healing post-exercise.
Equi-Ice is simple and easy to use:
- Equi-Ice comes in three sizes and is specifically created for the anatomy of horses so allows for optimal distribution of ice to horse’s key muscle groups, with even and consistent placement during application, resulting in faster recovery for the horse.
- Equi-Ice uses ice.
- The Equi-Ice pack is easy and convenient to use. Just fill the compartments with ice and you are ready to go.
- Equi-Ice packs have a sectioned design to give maximum coverage of direct ice application to your horse’s spine and back muscles. It allows for even placement during icing, which results in a faster recovery for your horse post-exercise or injury.
- The Equi-Ice pack is durable and re-useable. You can reuse the ice pack over and over saving money. Simply wash it down and dry it ready for next time.
Equi-Ice is suitable for icing the:
- Wither region
- Thoracolumbar spine
- Lumbosacral region
- Sacroiliac region
- Costovertebral joints
- Large back muscles
- Gluteal muscles
- Upper hamstring muscles
Outstanding Trial Results
Equi-Ice has been used in some of Australia’s leading stables for over 12 months. These trials have proven that the product is easy to use, easy to maintain, and easy to integrate into regular treatment and management of horses.
Users agree that Equi-Ice is simple, affordable treatment method that has been integrated into their operations.
Horses love it and it's effective
I have always been interested in the anatomy and physiology of horses and as a sportsman I know how crucial physiotherapy is in my stable. Tom has spoken to me about his product Equi-Ice for many years and I have seen the product develop over that time.
Equi-Ice is now one of the most important pieces of equipment in my stable for recovery and management of acute back pain. It’s quick to set up, horses love it, and best of all it's effective.
SIMPLE ONLINE ORDERING
If you would like to get started by adding Equi-Ice to your treatment plan, use our simple online ordering system.